Thursday, May 21, 2009

Xray + Cast = Fractured Wrist



Well, on Wednesday we had our first big injury with Caleb. He was playing on the swingset with his cousin Cade and Cade pushed him to go down the slide and Caleb fell from about halfway down off the side of the slide. Robby was watching the kids and my sister-in-law and I were grocery shopping for our memorial day weekend lake trip. He called and told me he thought it was broken. Caleb would not stop crying and could not put pressure on his right hand. We took him to the doctor, then the hospital for an xray and sure enough he has a small fracture. This morning we went to the orthopedic and got a cast put on. Oh, I feel so bad for my little guy but let me tell you he has been tough in these past 24 hours. The cast has to be on for four weeks. My first thought was--no swimming, you can't get the cast wet. That is just great as we are about to head to the lake and start off the summer. I just knew Caleb was going to be heartbroken if he could not swim for a whole month. Well thanks to technology they now have waterproof casts. Yeah! Caleb will not have to miss out on any fun this weekend or any time we want to go swimming in the blistering heat of Memphis summer. He is doing well wearing his cast around. He picked red for the Cardinals and for Lightning McQueen. I hate he has to wear it but I must say he does look cute in it!

1 comment:

Amy Wages said...

Dear Caleb, I hope you will get better soon. We love you! Evie (and Ainsley and Mrs. Amy and Mr. Mike) And I just want to say you can get better soon again. -E