Monday, May 11, 2009

Do you know what this is?



Snakes are not my best friend and poisonous ones definitely are not welcome at my house!! This isn't a picture of the actual snake found Saturday night at our house but it is a replica. For those of you who don't know what kind this is I will inform you--a cottonmouth (more familiarly known as a water moccasin) and yes it was in my front flower bed saturday night! These are extremely dangerous and it boggles my mind as to why there was one at our house. Water moccasins should be in the water!! Robby and I were at a sunday school function and Robby's parents were at our house watching the kids. The neighbors came over to tell them they saw the snake slither from their house to ours (their cat had been chasing it). My father-in-law found it in a bush in our flower bed. He picked it up by the tail (yes he did can you believe that!) and threw it to the driveway and then, with a shovel, killed it. I am still freaked out by it and Robby is tired of me talking about it. I mentioned something about it yesterday and he told me purple cow (if you were at Bellevue's service yesterday, you know what he meant!!). Anyways, I feel like the constant rainy weather is the cause of the snake being somewhere it shouldn't but I am just afraid it may not be alone. Let's pray that we don't see another one!

3 comments:

jennifer... said...

Are you SURE it was a cottonmouth??  I'm gonna have Greg, the expert snake guy check out this picture and get back to you.

Ashley said...

yes it definitely was; this picture was taken off a cottonmouth website and our snake matched--black on top; yellow belly
of course my father-in-law knew it was just from looking at it

Wren said...

Jim knew exactly what it was! Oh my, in your flowerbed...whew!