Monday, April 6, 2009

Send Me Some Sunshine

Let me sum up Friday-Monday. One word-disaster. Let me take you on a tour of our household this past weekend.

Thursday night--the dryer has finally had it; tomorrow I will go out and buy another one

Friday--I buy our dryer; can't be delivered until Monday-that's okay I think we can manage. I am so excited to get a working dryer but at the same time its not a fun way to spend your money.

Saturday--Robby has a double header so the boys and I head to a friend's birthday party---
we get there and...
Disaster #1--disaster in JD's diaper, on his clothes, on his carseat. We go inside to fix it; I used every single wipe I had to clean him, get him changed, and then Caleb has to go poo poo. Okay, if I see poop again today I might just die.
Disaster #2--Caleb's first fit--Mr Ken swings him through the air
Disaster #3- Caleb's second fit--Mrs Ashley takes his picture
Disaster #4-Caleb's third fit-- throwing down his easter basket and does not want to participate in the egg hunt (he finally did and loved it and all was well after that)
Disaster #5--After getting back home, JD wakes up with a fever-101.6, won't eat, won't sleep...

Sunday-- a much better day; just tending to JD who is feeling somewhat better.
Disaster #1--We are noticing something is wrong with our computer. The internet is real slow, lots of popups coming up (which are supposed to be blocked)

Monday--Lets fix the computer. After buying adware to fix the viruses, we discover 3660 viruses in our computer. No that is not a typo--three thousand six hundred sixty. I get that fixed but each time we have gotten on the computer and scanned again there have been 11 more viruses and now I cannot get on our email. I will have to fix that tomorrow otherwise I will be reinacting the scene from fireproof where he hits the computer with his baseball bat.

My dryer comes --- yeah---works perfect--the first time. Then the drum inside won't tumble the clothes. Just our luck--call the technician. They can't come till Wednesday. We'll see what happens. Good ole mom will be washing our clothes all day tomorrow. Thanks mom.

What's the verse that says I will praise you in the storm. Lord, I WILL praise you in the storm but could you please send me some sunshine soon!!

Praises:
1. I can afford to buy a dryer.
2. We got to spend some time with friends friday night and had a great time! Thanks Amy!
3. We actually did enjoy Ella's birthday party; Caleb got over his fits and we enjoyed the egg hunt and cupcakes. The weather was beautiful Saturday.
4. JD was feeling much better Sunday and after a dr visit today; its no more than teething symptoms which the dr said he can tell the two bottom teeth are about to come through.
5. I got the computer fixed for the most part.

4 comments:

laurenbusbee said...

Here's praying the Lord's mercies will be new to you today! (Lam. 3:23) And if it makes you feel any better, my children left the birthday party kicking and screaming:) Dr. W. had to help me escort them to the car! Don't you just love this age:)

jennifer... said...

I'm sitting here shaking my head, thinking no way, you've got to be kidding! What a weekend! You're a trooper, girl. By the way, that picture of Caleb is better than anything posed you could have ever gotten. Precious!

Wren said...

whoa!! What a weekend! Glad you can see the humor in it!

Amy Wages said...

Hang in there, Ashley. Don't let it steal your joy.....which can be a hard thing to do! You are an awesome mom and I love that we are becoming closer friends. Thank you for all you do for our family! The Wages love you! :)