Okay so I have been dealing with a critter in my attic and this weekend decided we had to do something about it. He was getting louder and louder and scratching in two different spots (one above JD's room which woke him up from a nap one time--so annoying) and the second in the den in the chimney. Well, we figured it was a squirrel but had to know for sure and had to get it out!! After some company came out with an estimate trying to take me for all my money, I called our "handyman" that does alot of work on our house. He searched my attic and found tracks of the squirrel trying to make a nest above JD's room. But no squirrel... I knew where the squirrel came into my house from...we had two holes on the wood of our chimney...so we figured he was coming and going through those holes. Pretty much just using me for a hotel at night and in the early morning. So our "handyman" fixed my chimney, there was no way the squirrel was getting back in, and told me if I heard him again he would come set traps. I did not hear him all weekend. Yea, I thought, problem solved. Until I walked outside yesterday and saw this...

my jaw dropped...this squirrel was not giving up...well neither am I!!
funny thing is I still have not heard him in our attic. So needless to say, our handyman will be coming out again to patch this hole that the squirrel chewed out, literally in a day. The hole was not there saturday but was on sunday. Like I said, he may be winning the battle but I will win the war!!

1 comment:
You are hilarious! I am involved in your story now so you HAVE to tell the rest of it.
Post a Comment