Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Go Cougars!?!

Well, Robby has made a decision to take the job opportunity offered to him and head to Munford High School. Home of the Cougars. It sounds so weird to think we will no longer be Briarcrest Saints. We are so excited about the opportunity God has given him. After a couple of months of deliberating and waiting to see what God was showing us, we definitely know he is pointing the way to Munford. Robby is going to be the defensive coordinator for their football team; one of his best friends from high school is the new head football coach and wanted Robby to come and coach with him. The ironic part is that in college, they always talked about how it would be their dream to one day coach together; one of them as the head coach and the other as the defensive or offensive coordinator. Looks like that dream is coming true. I am so excited for my hubby as I know football is his true passion. I am also excited that he will ONLY be coaching football, no more baseball for us. That means we get to see him in the spring! We are used to daddy coaching year round so this will be like the cherry on top of the sundae. I am so proud of him as he ventures into a new domain where he will have a new mission field. The environment from private school to public will definitely be different. Our prayers have definitely been answered and I can't wait to see what God does through Robby at Munford!

5 comments:

jennifer... said...

Wow!  What an opportunity!  I'm so happy for you guys - and proud of Robby for reaching this goal.  I can envision that Robby and his friend will have a real impact with ministry there.  God is so good!

Wren said...

We are so excited for ya'll!!!

Morgan said...

Praise God! we have been praying for ya'll. You know, for doors closed and windows opened!

Joey said...

I know this is God's plan for you. It's going to be an awesome challenge, but Christ will be with you every step of the way. Praise his name!

Josh and Alisha Williams said...

GO COUGARS!!!
Don't eat to much Well's Kitchen out there! :)