Wednesday, February 4, 2009
And the Saga continues...
Well, Lee (that's our handyman) came out yesterday to patch the hole in the chimney and find the squirrel. He searched our attic and spotted her and of course she ran. We thought she ran out of the hole in the chimney. He searched everywhere on both sides of the attic--no sign. If she didn't leave, Lee said there was only one way she could go and it was on the opposite side of where he saw her. Well, guess where I heard her this morning. On the side he was talking about. Its the opposite side of the ceiling in my room from where I heard her on Tuesday. She has traveled the whole back perimeter of my house. And today she is louder than ever. I know why--now that the hole is patched she is trapped inside. Oh and to make things even better, Lee thinks she is pregnant and nesting up there to get ready to have her babies! That's all I need, mama squirrel giving birth to baby squirrels in my attic! I know you all are thinking awww but that is so sweet she will be having babies; yea its sweet but not when its in your attic! I do not want to turn from her hotel to her hospital. So today he is coming out to set a live trap which consists of a cage with a trap door. I asked him what you use to lure them in and he said peanut butter, they can't resist it. Oh I pray this works and if it does, he will take her and release her into Shelby Farms--a perfect home for a new family. I will keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You have been invaded and there is only one course of action. War. To survive a war, you must become war. No mercy, no surrender.
We have critters too...I need his #!!!!
Post a Comment