Sunday, July 27, 2008
Potty Party!
Okay---although we are not 100% trained, Caleb has been using the potty all this week and I am so proud!! This has been the excitement in our house all week long. We party when Caleb uses the potty (bribery works so well). At first, he would do it like once a day and not every day--his reward--oreos. Well this has been going on for a while and Robby and I just thought he might never start doing it consistently! Well, (knock on wood), this week has taken a major turn! He has been going pretty much all the time in his potty. This weekend we went to the lake and took the potty with us. He used it all weekend and even has gone twice out in a public place! He tells us when he needs to go! This morning while Robby and I were getting ready for church he came in our room with his pullup half off and said, "I tee-teed in the potty". So when we went to check he did (although he missed the potty for most of it)! We didn't care---he went without even telling us! It is so funny how this accomplishment excites me like nothing else! We have prayed that he would be trained before J.D. gets here. Two in diapers is quite an expense! Now my dilemma---the oreos worked out great at first. This weekend, though, he about went through one box in two days! Whatever it takes, I guess. Now I just don't say anything unless he reminds me and then of course he gets his cookies! How can I deny him?! Way to go Caleb!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yea Caleb! Come teach Molly Cate now!!!:)
I'm so proud of him! We had the same thing with Evie--but she wanted ice cream cones all the time! Stickers were a good alternative sometimes for us. Way to go!!
Post a Comment