Monday, November 1, 2010

The Dentist


Last week, Caleb had his dentist checkup. When I think back 6 months before this, I can remember the crying and basically the appointment turned into no teeth cleaning or anything because he would not cooperate! Well, I told him he must be brave and that all they would do is clean his teeth and then check for cavities. Nothing to be scared of. Well, he was apprehensive to go that week but the day of he told me he was going to be brave! He definitely was! He usually sits up in the chair while they clean his teeth because he is too scared to lay down. This time as you can see, was a different story! He did a great job and had no cavities! He got to pick out a toy, get a goody bag, stickers, definitely worth his time! I can remember my pediatric dentist and how I loved to go there. I think you either like the dentist or you just don't and some people just cannot bear to go there, even for just a routine cleaning. My mom, for example, gets the laughing gas just to have her teeth cleaned! Ha! She is just terrified of the sounds of drills and everything! My dentist always had a drawer full of goodies and I loved getting my new toothbrush to take home and try! I never got to wear cool sunglasses though while getting my teeth cleaned :)

No comments: