Monday, October 25, 2010

Carrie Underwood!












Friday night I got to go to see Carrie Underwood at the Forum! What made it even better was that it was a free ticket (and right by the stage, I might add!!!) My sister-in-law was given 4 tickets for Mothers Day from her husband and she invited me and our other sister-in-law and one of our best friends!! I was so excited about a girls night but at the same time felt a little guilty missing Robby's last home game. We ate dinner at Grill 83 in the Madison Hotel and then walked to the Forum to see the show! Our seats were awesome!! First row off the floor, right in front of one side of the stage! We took so many pictures! Sons of Sylvia performed first. ( I don't know them at all and we actually got there when they were ending.) Then Billy Currington came on. I had forgotten all of the good songs that he sings! Like the one about sweet tea and turnip greens ( I don't know the exact name of it), Must be doing something right, people are crazy... I told the girls that although the lyrics are God is great, beer is good, people are crazy...we change it to God is great, sweet tea is good...haha we don't want Caleb going around singing about beer! Then Carrie came on! God has blessed that girl with the most amazing voice!! She was awesome and obviously sang all of her hits. One of my favorite moments was when she sang Jesus take the Wheel and before finishing she burst out into How Great Thou Art, one of my favorite hymns. Check out my facebook page for that video (it takes to long to download it on here). The show was fantastic! We ended around 11pm and headed home. It was funny because we were all so tired, not used to up that late, much less out downtown at a concert! It was so much fun! Thanks Cindy for the invite!

No comments: