Monday, March 16, 2009

Multiple Kid Mondays

My friend Wendy has a weekly post sharing about different topics with multiple kids and this week's is laundry. Oh how I hate to do laundry. Robby is a great help at this. As Wendy mentioned doing 3 or so loads a day, I find also that it is best for us to do a couple of loads a day rather than waiting till one day on the weekend to do it all. (Although this sometimes happens). If we wait to do it all in one day, that is ALL we do ALL day! I would say we do about 10-12 loads a week so to put that all in one day is certainly time consuming!

We have had a lifesaver home remedy for ink stains recently. I have saved two shirts and one pair of pant with this remedy. There have been a couple of times Robby has left a pen in his pocket and I never check for them because usually he nevers does this. Anyway, I took the stained garment and applied the following: 1. spray hairspray on each stained spot 2. rub bar of soap over it 3. rinse in cold water. It has worked every time which saves us some money from buying new clothes!

Also, speaking of laundry, our dryer has about had it. It is taking 2 times to dry one load of clothes and it is so frustrating! We are going to have to venture out this week and buy a new one. We have been living this way for too long! I need efficiency!

Oh and may I just ask, does anyone know how to make a fitted sheet look pretty when folded?--I saw Martha Stewart do it once but I still can't do it like she does; the kids sheets are easy but our king size ones are impossible. Mine look like a rolled up ball.


2 comments:

Wendy said...

Don't look at the top shelf of our linen closet. It's full of those "big ole ball" sheets! Thanks for joining in!

Ashley said...

Oh yes, the martha trick works, I do it everytime!!