
I just have to say some of the most fun times I have are spent with the people in this picture! Its amazing to believe that we have been in our sunday school class for about 6 years I guess. To see where we came from, where we are now, and where we want to go (spiritually that is) is just so encouraging and exciting! This picture was taken at our annual class picnic (which became an indoor picnic due to the monsoon we had this weekend! No matter where we are, rain or shine, we always have a great time together! Everyone is so loving, caring, and genuine it just breaks my heart when someone moves or has to leave the class. This week we were saying goodbye to the Fussells; Chris, Julie, Bethany, Avery and Baby Fussell (due in August). What a sweet, strong Christian family they are and although I am sad to see them leave, I am excited for their journey as they move to Texas for a ministers position that Chris has taken in Midland, TX. God has answered a huge prayer request for them and they are excited to see what He has in store for them.
I must also share the reason we took this picture. After many years of trying to conceive a baby, Melissa and Ricky (the couple sitting in the center of the pic on the couch) have decided to adopt a baby. We are so excited to share in this 14 month pregnancy (as Melissa calls it) with them. They are getting a scrapbook together for potential mothers who may choose them to adopt their baby. We are going to have a garage sale for the Raymonds to help them raise money for their adoption! It will be in June so if anyone has anything they would like to donate to the sale, please do!! We know this journey is exciting for them and I know God has the perfect child picked out for them. They are going to be great parents.
So anyways, I could talk for hours about each couple in this picture, I have laughed with them, cried with them, yelled WITH them (only in game playing of course, you know guys vs girls at the lake), and grown with them. Robby and I love each of these couples and their families dearly and I wish everyone could experience the kind of friendship we have with these brothers and sisters in Christ!
And by the way, if I had to list those we still miss and would LOVE to see visit it would be a long list but you know who you are :)

1 comment:
The picture turned out great!! And, could you send me a copy!!
Post a Comment