Thursday, September 3, 2009

I just have to share...

Caleb is really becoming quite the "adult" or so you would think with some of the comments he is making lately. He is coming up on 4 years old and it amazes me how smart he can be ( in good ways and also bad!) Let me just share a few incidents with you...

He told me the other day when I asked him what he wanted for lunch--"mom, i am reading this thing so I can't hear you."

Alot lately, he asks "what does that mean" usually in reference to a word i used. i told him we were out of milk, he said "what does out mean" i said the milk is gone, its empty so we have to get more. I know he knew that, he just wants to inquire everything these days.

Last night in the car he told me when I asked him a question, "I can't talk now."

And last for today, I took away a movie of his the other day and put it on the mantle where he could not reach it. Then I figured out, just after, he was looking around for a stool so he could stand on it and reach on top of the mantle. Of course, I let him know that I knew what he was doing and I moved the movie.

On the good side of being smart, he is able to write some numbers and letters. (The cool thing is he just started doing it one day and I haven't even taught him!)
He also is memorizing books that we read....he can quote one dr seuss book we read from cover to cover...and at that, as Pastor Gaines said Sunday, we can quote all this stuff but we don't take time to memorize scripture...another thing Caleb is working on.
I am so proud of how he is growing up into a little boy...and he amazes me every day with his vocabulary and deep thinking.

On another note, JD continues to impress too. He is babbling some words like mama, dada, baba (bottle), bath, ball, bye-bye.
Yesterday, he came up to me with his shoes and did his little grunt, which meant he wanted me to put them on him. After he did that, I told Caleb to watch him because i knew why he asked me and sure enough JD headed to the back door. He wanted to go outside. That is why he wanted his shoes on. Smart for an 11 month old I thought.

The joys of children...

2 comments:

Ryan, Reed, and Pearce Toms said...

so cute! I cannot believe how fast they all grow! I love the new heading picture too... a perfect Donaldson picture! I love it!!!

jennifer... said...

Little man....absolutely!!  How funny!  Does he read the morning paper and give you his political thoughts for a lively kitchen table debate??