Monday, September 7, 2009
Delta Fair!
Today, Caleb and I ventured to the Delta Fair--just the two of us. Robby and JD stayed home and had some quality time together, as did Caleb and I. We had a blast! I wish I had pictures but I took them on my phone and don't have a way to transfer them to the computer! We got there around 11 and didn't leave till almost 3:00. I didn't think he would last that long; I really didn't think he would ride alot of rides. Well, let me tell you our wristbands paid off! We rode every single ride that he could ride (which was alot; more than they had two years ago when we went). I got to ride most everything with him but there were some that he rode by himself. I didn't think he would go alone but he did and even sat with some kids he didn't know! I always talk about Caleb being shy but he is kind of coming out of his shell lately. We ate lunch--Caleb had pizza and I had a pronto pup (yum!) and we enjoyed some good ole sweet tea! We fed the goats and other animals in the petting zoo. Caleb even had his first experience in a porta potty (yuck; actually it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be). He was asking me why he could see everything in the toilet and I just said its an outside potty so there is no where for it to go! Some of the rides we experienced were---Bumblebee ride (flying us through the air), Wacky worm ( a rollercoaster that actually went pretty fast and went downhill at some points; I was proud of Caleb for not crying on this one!), Dumbo, Pirateships, Carousel, Trains, Racing Cars, Windjammer, Monster trucks, Airplanes, etc. The highlight for me was riding the huge (yes, the big one) ferris wheel. Caleb wanted to ride it and it was alot of fun. He was a little unsure once we were high in the sky but he got over it and thought it was cool that we could see everyone and all the rides because we were so high. We even were stopped for a while, sitting at the highest point just looking out. My favorite for sure! We saw Miss Molly Cate and Miss Caroline while we were there. As with all good things, it had to come to an end. Caleb wanted to stay longer but we had done everything we could so we called it a day! I am really glad I took him; I always loved going to the fair when I was little. I also love that the delta fair is in a better part of town where I don't feel scared to take him by myself and it was pretty clean at that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment