Thursday, August 27, 2009

Caleb's New Friend


Last night, we had a friend over from Sunday school, Mr. Mike. He and his sweet wife Amy are dear friends of ours and they have two daughters, Evie and Ainsley. To set up the night, he came over around 9 oclock after we got home from church (listening to David Platt preach an awesome sermon, another story for another post)! After I put JD down and walk into the den, Caleb and Mr. Mike are sitting in the middle of the couch, Mr. Mike reading something on his I phone and Caleb reading something off his laptop computer. I must say they looked like two peas in a pod. Mr. Mike helped Caleb play one of the games on his computer and the whole time, Caleb is just "chillin" with Mr. Mike---laughing, asking him questions, and then the most hilarious part which I did not get a picture of---Caleb just props his feet up on Mr. Mike's lap and lays down on the couch proceeding with the game. Oh if you could have seen it! Robby and I were laughing hysterically. It was so cute but what is even more amazing is, if you know our Caleb you know he is a shy one. I don't think he has ever warmed right up to someone immediately after they walk in the house ( not even his Uncles) but Mr. Mike is a different story. It was like he had known him for years and they were best buds! So cute to watch!

2 comments:

jennifer... said...

I DID find out - and it explains the visit from Mr. Mike!!:) How exciting that God is growing and refining everyone! I love how He equips us for very specific things. ALL of you are in places that make perfect sense. Love it!

We had week 2 of our new young marrieds class. The room is already almost full (praise the Lord). We still really miss you guys, though.....:(

Amy Wages said...

Love this! Mr. Mike IS irresistable!