






Our 2nd lake trip with friends from church was so much fun! We had alot of 1st timers so they were new to the whole weekend of fun and as one friend texted me after we got back---she was having lakehouse withdrawals! It was the Robbins, Beauchamps, Wages, Williams, Harringtons and us. It all started with a competition of getting there first--our car vs the Robbins car. I never thought I would meet someone more competitive than my husband but he met his match this weekend -- Jim Robbins. I will just say at one point Robby looked down and said "I am going 115mph and he won't let me pass him!" Robby asked for forgiveness a million times in prayer, don't worry! Our day on the lake Saturday was beautiful! Wren found out she does not like the tube, Morgan and I found out the hard way what its like to be thrown off the tube (only to our own instigating), we all found out Jerry "the beast" is the hardest to throw off the tube, and Mike and Amy tried to ski and Mike was successful and I am not sure about Amy ( I was on the tube while she skiied). Len and Tami came for the day and brought Hannah who was just perfect the whole time! She loved Robby and we all joked him about needing a daughter! Saturday night was the best---dinner cooked by the Williams---the best dinner I have ever had!! Fillet Steaks with blue cheese butter and carmalized onions, garlic bread, strawberry and pecan salad, and baked potatoes. We all savored every bite as we ate in peace with no children to tend to!! The games were a blast, the girls lost guesstures again but won in Taboo! Robby and Bryan hated Taboo--complaining the whole time--I can't remember how many times Robby yelled, "I quit". I think Bryan was pretty tired, especially after cooking for all of us. We wanted to keep playing games and Bryan said, " If you want pancakes for lunch we can stay up!" Sunday we had a great lesson on staying "we" in our marriages. It was hard to leave the fun; I can't wait till next trip! Oh and as for the picture of Robby wrapped in Saran Wrap---I guess the guys were bored!

4 comments:
Do I have to say it? MISSING you!! Tell Robby and Jim they better just be glad we didn't have the Camaro on the drive! Who is on the waverunner, by the way?
that is jim and wren on the waverunner...i think they joined the class after ya'll were gone :(
Jennifer,
Jim and I came on (I think) one of the last Sundays you and Greg were there, saying your goodbyes. I hear sooo many awesome things about ya'll...and I 'lurk' your blog through others' blogs from the class! I think we would be good buddies...hopefully, we'll get to meet in person sometime!!
Ashley...these pictures were GREAT!!! I was laughing out loud reading your post!!
Wren, I don't know if you'll look at this again but I DO remember you! That's why I was so confused, because it didn't look like y'all. And I, too, have caught stories of you on our mutual friends' blogs and agree that you would be fun to get to know!:)
Post a Comment