Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ornament Tag

Amy made her own tag to show some ornaments that have a special meaning. I do have a few that I will share with you.
This ornament is a chili pepper that was given to me by a friend that used to be in our sunday school class. We had a christmas bunko at her house and she gave these to all the girls there to remember the night.


This is the first ornament Caleb made for our first annual Happy Birthday Jesus party. He was not even one year old and we were amazed at how he had the patience to sit and paint the whole thing; I did not help him. i think it turned out pretty good for an 11 month old.


This is the cruiseship Robby and I went on for our high school senior trip. We went to the Bahamas and Key West. This was one of the best vacations I have ever been on!

This is an ornament Robby gave me our first year married.



This was actually just given to us by our Sunday School class! I love it; it has our class scripture on it.
This is not an ornament but is very special to me. This is my Christmas Village. The first year we were married, Robby started this collection for me. One reason it is so special is because I did not even ask for something like this. He just thought of it on his own and knew I could collect pieces over the years. I love it and was so surprised when I got it! It is called Christmas in the City. One story on this--I have a friend whose mother-in-law gave her a christmas village when she married her son. She has two sons and collected two villages over the years in order to pass it to their wives when her sons got married. I think that is so neat (to be collecting for 20 years or so ) and want to do the same for my boys and their future wives!

No comments: