Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"Heavenly" Conversation with Caleb

I get so excited when Caleb wants to talk about Jesus! It is so fun to pick at his brain and he picks at mine too! Last night, we had a 30-40 minute conversation about heaven. He wanted to know how you get there, who goes there, if you don't go to heaven where do you go? I answered all his questions and he was even more fascinated. I referenced John 3:16 because he has memorized that verse in school. Is our whole family going? Will Goliath be in the fire burning? ( i had to explain hell someway so he wouldn't go around saying the word hell!)
How will Jesus take us there? Will there be toothbrushes and toothpaste? The questions were endless but I could have talked all night with him about it! At the end of the conversation, I asked him to tell me how you get to heaven. He told me you have to love Jesus and have him in your heart. It was a "heavenly" conversation and I can't wait for the day that he does get saved!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Absolutely precious! I love the innocence of a child. I guess that is why the Bible says we must have child-like faith! Worldly views are not blocking his recognition of such things! It also helps that he has a Godly mama and daddy! So proud of my future son in law!! HA!

jennifer... said...

If there ARE toothbrushes in Heaven, it will not be Heaven to one kid I know...

LOVE the conversation!!:)