Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One Week Old!

At this time last week, we were in awe (and still are) at JD's arrival! We are enjoying him so much and he is doing great so far! Sleeping is going better than expected; he wakes up to eat and goes right back to sleep. We have really only had one night where it seemed to be bad and that was our first night home. Both boys kept us up that night. We are working into the routine of parenting not one but two kids now and we are loving it! Of course I have to add more pics so you can see how handsome he is.

I also must add this picture of Caleb. While tending to JD, we gave Caleb a project to do. He loves to paint so we got out some construction paper and paint brushes and off he went! Then he called me to come and see what he had done---he had painted his whole hand blue! "Oh wonderful", I said. It luckily had not gotten on the chair. In his defense, though, when I asked him what he was doing he told me that this is what they do at school when they paint their handprint onto a piece of paper. So, of course, I was not mad, and it was washable paints. Today, while rocking JD in his room, I gave Caleb a project with stickers. (To set up the scene, he had only been wearing his underwear around the house because he had been outside playing and was sweating. When he came inside he wanted to take everything off.) After he showed me his paper, he went back into the den to do some more. When I walked out into the den, he was covered in stickers from head to toe! I, unfortunately, don't have a picture of this one. I will wait for the next surprise as I continue to learn how to multitask with two kids!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your boys are sweet. Congrats on the new little one. Hope y'all are doing great! Love,Tondie

Denise said...

Giving Caleb a project is such a great idea. You get your time in with J.D. without Caleb feeling left out. And it sounds like he's having a blast. Sounds like you are mastering multi-tasking just fine. Glad everything seems so good. =)