Monday, August 18, 2008

Retracing the New Mommy Steps

Today, I am trying to remember all those necessities needed for a newborn. Although 7 weeks seems far away, it will be here in an instant. Last night, Caleb woke up in the middle of the night and came in our room needing to use the potty. Robby was out of it (how unusual). He told me today he thought I was having contractions in the middle of the night. I told him that he sat up in bed and said "what?" I then explained to him that we were getting up to use the potty---he obviously didn't know what was going on. So then he told me today that I probably should start thinking about packing my bag. I plan on doing this in the next couple of weeks. Its hard to remember all the new baby necessities we will need since we are now used to a 2 1/2 year old who pretty much needs just juice,a snack and extra underwear when we go somewhere. What I have remembered so far is this:
clothes (obviously for me and J.D.)
pajamas
diapers and wipes (i can't remember if the hospital has them while you are there)
burp cloths/blanket
pacifier
pillow (last time I left mine there; hopefully I will remember to take it home this time)

Okay, this is my starting list. I am sure I have left something very important out! Its going to be hard to get in that mode again!