Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend!














































































We have a tradition to go to the lake with Robby's family on Memorial Day Weekend. It is always a fun time with family and there is always something/some experience that you take away (positive or negative). This year, we knew the dock had to be repaired because it was broken earlier in the year with all the storms. Robby went up early to fix it and when he got there, found a tree in the kitchen window :( 1st experience. The storm the night before had done it. They had to board that up and clean up everything, chop up the tree, etc. Then on to the real work they came down for, the dock. Well, on Friday, the rest of us came up there. I didn't make it without getting having the worst experience of my life!! Have you ever gotten a $400 speeding ticket, yeah I didn't think so. You have never even heard of such, right? Well, now you have because I got one. I was going 70 in a 55, supposedly, and the ticket for that was $205. Then, I could not find my registration to save my life, so I was fined another $200. Yes, you heard that right, can you believe that??? The cop said they are one of the highest counties as far as fining goes. Yeah, I believe it. So, that didn't start my trip off right. I will say though, we had an awesome time, as always, no matter what obstacles we face....and there are always obstacles!! The kids had a blast and after Caleb being fearful of the lake last year, I was worried. He loved it though, and he and JD both rode the jetski numerous times and swam in the water. It was freezing!! I actually got to layout one afternoon while JD napped. Cindy, Katie and I got to talk about babies, since we are about to have a new niece, Rylie! We ate, and ate, and ate some more, played games, and spent as much time as we could in the water! We are so grateful to have a place like that to go and enjoy family time and the river!!

2 comments:

Josh and Alisha Williams said...

ohgosh! $400 ticket! that's got to be the dumbest thing ever! I am guessing if you show proof of registration they will knock that part off, but still...sry Ash.. looks like still had good times with the fam :)

Wren said...

I will DEFINITELY remind Jim of this story when we drive to the lake!!!! The rate he was going, he'd be charged $600