Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Look Back and A Look Ahead!


It is always so sudden when Christmas ends and we prepare for a new year! It seems to be "just another day" but when I look back on 2010 there were so many things that occurred and so many things that impacted my relationship with God and my family!
1. My parents had to close the jewelry store, thus I lost my job but I was more concerned for my parents as to what would happen next. God provided and took care of them and us and it all fell into place! I got a job a couple of months later, still flexible and part time, and even a raise! My parents moved to a new home, my mom went back to work, and they were also still able to help with our kids! I don't know what we would do without that!
2. Robby began preparing for baseball season as the new FACS coach! It was a busy season and just as he started that, he was offered the head football position at the school and as you all know that has been a prayer for years now answered!! He also became the Dean of Students at the school, so God doubly blessed him with a promotion in his career!



3. We spent a fun summer at home, at the lake on some weekends, and had a fun trip to St Louis where Caleb got to experience some MLB baseball. He has been before but I think now that he is a little older, he really enjoyed it. It was in the dead heat of July but he stuck it out each game and even wanted to wait afterwards to try to get some autographs, a real trooper indeed!




4. My grandmother was diagnosed with cancer in the summer and it was hard to grasp and hard to watch my mom have so much on her plate! God works in mysterious ways and he definitely brought my mom and grandmother closer to eachother through it and that was much needed. She finished her last round of chemo in December and is doing so much better!!
5. Caleb started JrK in the fall and it was so fun to see him start "real school" and he loves it! He is so smart ( I am bias but he really is!) and I love helping out with his class and it is extra fun that daddy gets to be at the same school as him---and JD for that matter since his MDO is there also.




6. JD turned two and hence the terrible twos came to life! He is quite aggressive and definitely makes himself known! Don't get me wrong, he is also sweet and cuddly...just don't cross his path and you'll be fine :) He has since, in the past few months, gotten much better but we are hoping that aggression still stands when he is able to get on the football field! ha!



7. Football season started and Friday nights were re-lived like highschool days! It was awesome to see Robby take HIS team on the field that first game and he did an awesome job all season! The boys loved every minute of every game. They feel like that field is theirs in a way!




8. I turned 30 and it really just felt like another day. Robby took me to dinner and then when we got back I was surprised with friends and family in my home to celebrate with us! I love surprises and Robby did great with that one! I had no clue!

9.The holidays arrived and as it always does, it just brings about a joyous time spent with all of our family! It is awesome to celebrate our Savior's birth and we are tremendously blessed beyond words!

10. Then came the new year and I think its going to be a great one! Our church is going through the Chronological Bible and I can't wait to see the impact of it! We are getting ready to celebrate Caleb's 5th birthday ( I think I will freeze him there, no more of this getting older!), Robby is planning to go to Haiti in February on a missions trip, summer wiill be filled with football and maybe some vacation time, then Caleb starts SrK, JD turns 3, and who knows what else in between all of that. I am so thankful to God for all he is doing in my life and I can't praise him enough for the husband and sons he has given me that make my life a joy every day to be a part of!! Happy New Year!

No comments: